July 11, 2008

A Prayer Upon Arising in the Morning



Oh great, compassionate Buddha! Today is a new beginning!
It is said, "that the morning hours are the best time of day,"
On such a fine morning, I recall past experiences.
I have failed, but have never been disappointed.
I have been sad, but have always been able to open my mind peacefully.
I have been wronged, but have understood that everything in this world arises and extinguishes according to the law of dependent origination.
I have shed tears, but have deeply believed that tomorrow will be better.

Today, under the blessing and protection of your compassionate Buddha light,
I pray to you to grant me the courage to face all challenges on this day.
I pray to you to grant me the patience to accept all setbacks on this day.
I pray to you to grant me the strength to carry out all work on this day.
I pray to you to grant me the wisdom to be grateful for all causes and conditions on this day.

Oh great, compassionate Buddha.
Please help me increase my wisdom.
Please help me open my mind.
May I be able to appreciate the wonders of sky and earth.
May I be able to be grateful for the warmth of the world.
May I be able to obtain the assistance of friends.
May I be able to realize the value of Dharma.

Oh great, compassionate Buddha!
Please help me become a person wealthy in spirit.
Every day, may I give with joy.
Every day, may I willingly form affinity with others.
Every day, may I practic loving-kindness, compassion, joy, and equanimity.
Every day, may I treat people with tolerance and generosity.

Oh great, compassionate Buddha!
Please help me become a brave person in life.
May I be able to purify my thoughts.
May I be able to contribute often.
May I be able to do no wrong.
May I be able to do only good.

Oh great, compassionate Buddha!
Please help me. May I possess spiritual wisdom and the Buddha mind.
May I have prajna wisdom and compassion and liberate people from suffering.

Oh great, compassionate Buddha!
I recognize the presence of our image in my mind.
I realize that I come to the human world to be happy.
I understand that I have entered into society to contribute.
I know that I am cultivating the Way to enlightenment to benefit all.

May we all have the spirit of collaboration.
Regardless of who plays the lead and who the supporting role.
We should cooperate with each other. May we all be 'faithful to the script.'
even though life is changeable and full of ups and downs.
May we all play our roles well to perform impressively on the stage of life.

O great, compassionate Buddha! Please accept our sincerest prayer!
O great, compassionate Buddha! Please accept our sincerest prayer!

No comments: