July 26, 2008

Mae Ann Araneta as Queen Maya


1. Tell us something about yourself.

I'm Mae Ann Oropesa Araneta. 29 years old, single, and an Instructor of Cebu Normal University, teaching science subjects.



2. Why did you audition for this play?

I auditioned for the Siddhartha musical play because I was invited by my close friend Rhea May Sadaya who also portrayed the role of Queen Maya in the play.


3. What did you feel when you were chosen to be Queen Maya?

I felt happy and honored because it was a rare opportunity, it would be a great exposure and a lasting experience.



4. Have you had any musical theater experience prior to this?

Yes. I played the role of Claudia in Buhing Kalbaryo, the leading lady Mayang in Milyonaryong MINI, Banoan Saka Dance Choir Performer in Toronto and Montreal, Canada,

I also played the role of a nun in the life story of St. Therese of the Child Jesus all under the direction of Al Evangelio and the late Dr. Joycelyn Melgar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woow , good to hear, i was in volve also in al evangelios play in madridejos , im the set designer. its good training. ive work for him almost 2 years.